And that pretty much sums up the way last week went for me.
Here's a brief rundown of the annoying week (notice I didn't say bad. Just annoying.)
- Husband brings home new bottle of wine to try out. New wine causes the entire left side of my face to break out into a very red, very unattractive itchy rash. Thinking maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked to me, asked my husband if he could notice it. I believe his reaction was something like "Whoa--what happened to your face!"
- Bad reaction to wine leads to scrapping this week's "Cheap Wine with Pretty Labels" post.
- Itchy, inflamed face and rain much of the week lead me to remain housebound.
- Remaining housebound was boring.
- Boring led to a massive cleaning out of the laundry room and basement, many trips to recycle, trips to Goodwill and a lot of questions about why we own half of this stuff.
- Rain most of the week also led to the cancellation of both my weekly leaf photos and the hike I had hoped to take.
This week started off better. Tried enchiladas for the first time (okay, where have they been all my life?), baked a delicious, homemade apple crisp, went to 2 football games without getting rained on, and I am still 4-0 in the family football pool. The rash has finally cleared up, and I enjoyed a nice glass of Red Stripe in lieu of wine.
Oh, and my basement? Much, much cleaner.