Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Martha Moment

In life, there are good memories, joyous occasions and special days.  Wonderful times that you fondly remember for years to come.  And then there are moments.  The kind of events that when they happen, the rest of your life you will vividly remember every detail surrounding it.  Where you were, what you were wearing, who was with you, what you were eating.  You never know when one of those moments is going to happen, and maybe that's what makes it memorable--being taken off guard by the surprise.  Before today, my most memorable moments went something like this:
  • Wedding day
  • Birth of son
  • Birth of second son
  • Birth of third son
Tonight a fifth event was added to the list.  Because tonight was the night of "The Martha Moment".  Sitting on the living room couch, watching "Without a Trace" in my favorite burgundy bathrobe, I discovered my work on Martha Stewart Weddings.


  

As an artist, I've always hoped someday I would get noticed by Martha Stewart.  Never actually thought it would happen, but I believe in goals and setting sights high.  And if you're an invitation designer, you can't shoot much higher than Martha Stewart Weddings.  So you can imagine my excitement (and let's be honest--my surprise) when tonight it happened. 

To see myself selected as one of their "Favorite Etsy Vendors" was one of the most surreal moments of my life to date (I'm number 12).  I stared at the computer screen in shock, eyes full of tears, chest pounding, unable to breathe, my head spinning.  And this is how I sat for the remainder of the night.  Staring at my invitation design on the Martha Stewart Weddings website.  It was an awesome moment.

So what now?  First of all, I need to call my family.  Wouldn't you know, everyone was asleep when I made this discovery and I just can't wait to share the news with them.  As for setting the next goal.  That's an easy one.  I'm off to come up with more designs so maybe, just maybe, this happens again.  I've already got some ideas....



15 comments:

  1. Well done! That's fantastic news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I'm proud and I don't even know you! :) This is an amazing moment.

    Amanda
    aka Little b Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your well deserved recognition! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally amazing! I hope it brings you lots of work. Your art is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Obviously the result of talent and hard work, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally amazing. it's so nice to know that these moments really do happen. i keep holding out for the day i end up in a real simple gift guide, but i hadn't even THOUGHT of martha.

    officially impressed, jealous, and inspired.

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. you should include a link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! How wonderful to be on her website. Here's hoping your sales increase tremendously due to the exposure.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, you need to link to it in the post so we can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. unfortunately, i can no longer find the post on the website. oh well, it was great while it lasted. and i do have the screenshot to plaster over everything i own:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. false alarm, the link is back on the website. hooray! http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/diy-stationery?lnc=2dfde220a0881210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&contentid=6aa739ce470c1210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, April. I just found your blog on Etsy and joined. That is so great!

    ReplyDelete