Saturday, September 26, 2009

What a Cold and Rainy Day...

...where on earth is the sun hid away?  

That's the song I hear in my head every time it rains like it rained here today.  I spent my early afternoon standing in a torrential downpour watching my sons football games (note to self: research indoor sports).



In any event, I thought it would be nice to post the song on my blog today.  Well, now there's a great way to feel ancient.  Turns out the song I've been playing in my head is 22 years old.  That's right, twenty two.   And there's a lot of questions in my head as I watched the video--the roosters?  Someone please explain that to me, I am definitely missing something.  

 Twenty two years old.  Seriously.  I need to find a new rain song. 

Anyways, did I mention it rained today?

3 comments:

  1. Natalie Merchant and the 10,000 Maniacs are my all time favorite! I have every album and that is my favorite of their songs! I had no idea it was that old! I guess I am old right along with you. I enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the 10,000 Maniacs, but how can it be that old?

    The MTV Unplugged album they did is my personal favorite. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an appropriate song for a gray northeast Ohio day. It does remind me of my age but it also reminds me of a time when MTV was worth watching.

    ReplyDelete