Thursday, May 21, 2009

Caught You Peaking

Here's a fact about me:  I am obsessed with Google Analytics.  Love checking my daily traffic,  scoping out which cities seem to give me the most attention, discovering blogs that have written about me, noting keywords people use to find my site (found me through "cheap sinks" last week, still baffled over that search).  I have found it to be an absolutely invaluable tool.  So much so, that when I made the decision to start a blog, I chose Blogger because it was (in my opinion) the most compatible with Google Analytics.

So I start the blog.  And then I obsess over the blog in Google Analytics.  For days I have been checking and for days the number of visitors has remained the same.  A big old goose egg.   Zilch, zero, nada.   Yesterday, I make my daily check and I can't believe my eyes, there is a number 2.  Of course, I check right away to see where they came from and how long they stayed on the site.  Answer by the way: Durham and Singapore.  Time visited: back to the big old goose egg.  Don't know how they found me, clearly a mistake, but for one split unrecordable nano second: I caught them peaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment